One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An error or hardware fault causing failure of a program or operating system, especially one that gives no option of recovery.
- ‘If there are bad sectors or hard errors, it is usually covered under the hard drive manufacturer's warranty.’
- ‘These defects cause soft errors where data loss is recoverable, and hard errors where data loss is irrecoverable.’
- ‘A number of times recently we've seen discussions about how to disable hard error popups in a kernel driver.’
- ‘In a preferred embodiment, the invention provides a method for determining soft and hard errors in memory.’
- ‘If you have a large number of hard errors on your disk, you will probably need to replace your hard drive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.