One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An error or hardware fault causing failure of a program or operating system, especially one that gives no option of recovery.
- ‘These defects cause soft errors where data loss is recoverable, and hard errors where data loss is irrecoverable.’
- ‘In a preferred embodiment, the invention provides a method for determining soft and hard errors in memory.’
- ‘If you have a large number of hard errors on your disk, you will probably need to replace your hard drive.’
- ‘If there are bad sectors or hard errors, it is usually covered under the hard drive manufacturer's warranty.’
- ‘A number of times recently we've seen discussions about how to disable hard error popups in a kernel driver.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.