One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A high-capacity, self-contained storage device containing a read-write mechanism plus one or more hard disks, inside a sealed unit. Also called hard disk drive.
- ‘Placing the cache in non-volatile Flash memory near to the hard drive solves the problem.’
- ‘It's about to find a new purpose in the next generation of hard drives and memory.’
- ‘This means you can record to the hard drive for temporary storage or to DVDs for archiving.’
- ‘That brings me to my next point: never ever attempt to write to a hard drive that is corrupt.’
- ‘The computer will have no built-in hard drives, as storage will be available via the global network.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.