One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A high-capacity, self-contained storage device containing a read-write mechanism plus one or more hard disks, inside a sealed unit. Also called hard disk drive.
- ‘That brings me to my next point: never ever attempt to write to a hard drive that is corrupt.’
- ‘Placing the cache in non-volatile Flash memory near to the hard drive solves the problem.’
- ‘The computer will have no built-in hard drives, as storage will be available via the global network.’
- ‘It's about to find a new purpose in the next generation of hard drives and memory.’
- ‘This means you can record to the hard drive for temporary storage or to DVDs for archiving.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.