One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rigid nonremovable magnetic disk with a large data storage capacity.
- ‘If your computer is infected with a boot sector virus, the virus tries to write copies of itself to the system areas of floppy disks and hard disks.’
- ‘In the computer realm, magnetic recording is used on floppy disks, hard disks and magnetic tape as the main method for data storage.’
- ‘Some have multiple IDE or SCSI hard disks for massive storage, and some have only one IDE or SCSI drive.’
- ‘Plug in a flash memory device, hard disk, or CDRom into the USB port and it pops up on the desktop ready for use.’
- ‘The old rule was hard disks for primary storage and tape for backup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.