Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rigid nonremovable magnetic disk with a large data storage capacity.
- ‘Some have multiple IDE or SCSI hard disks for massive storage, and some have only one IDE or SCSI drive.’
- ‘The old rule was hard disks for primary storage and tape for backup.’
- ‘Plug in a flash memory device, hard disk, or CDRom into the USB port and it pops up on the desktop ready for use.’
- ‘In the computer realm, magnetic recording is used on floppy disks, hard disks and magnetic tape as the main method for data storage.’
- ‘If your computer is infected with a boot sector virus, the virus tries to write copies of itself to the system areas of floppy disks and hard disks.’
hard disk/ˈhärd ˈˌdisk/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.