One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rigid nonremovable magnetic disk with a large data storage capacity.
- ‘In the computer realm, magnetic recording is used on floppy disks, hard disks and magnetic tape as the main method for data storage.’
- ‘If your computer is infected with a boot sector virus, the virus tries to write copies of itself to the system areas of floppy disks and hard disks.’
- ‘The old rule was hard disks for primary storage and tape for backup.’
- ‘Plug in a flash memory device, hard disk, or CDRom into the USB port and it pops up on the desktop ready for use.’
- ‘Some have multiple IDE or SCSI hard disks for massive storage, and some have only one IDE or SCSI drive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.