One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for anthracite
- ‘Approximately 13% of total hard coal production is currently used by the steel industry - over 66% of total global steel production is dependent on coal.’
- ‘The railways found that, because of the decreasing proportion of hard coal, even greater quantities of coal were required to provide the necessary locomotive running.’
- ‘Despite the increasing share of natural gas in the fuel structure, hard coal is still considered as a main fuel applied in Polish power and heat generating facilities.’
- ‘The statistics describe the use of hard coal in generation of electricity and heat in Finland.’
- ‘Miners of hard coal ratified a proposed contract today, ending a 30-day strike that began with their rejection of an earlier offer.’
hard coal/härd kōl/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.