One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for quahog
- ‘The hard clam is a commercially important bivalve along the Atlantic coast of North America and its ecology has been studied intensively.’
- ‘In North Carolina estuaries, the hard clam generally shows lower growth rates in habitats where predation rates are higher.’
- ‘Mussels, whether in natural or commercial populations, may therefore endure greater predation pressure by H. sanguineus than would hard clams.’
- ‘In the present study site, however, the average ambient density of hard clams was higher in the sand flat than the seagrass bed, the oyster rock and the mud flat.’
- ‘Our primary experiments focused on odors derived from the hard clam.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.