One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a style of abstract painting characterized by geometric shapes with sharply defined edges and often in bright colors.
- ‘In a 1997 painting parodying hard-edge geometric abstraction, Owens presents two rows of vertical stripes that read as skyscrapers receding into space.’
- ‘For his new, large-scale collages, for instance, he cut up hundreds of his photos in small geometric shapes, which he randomly taped together in compositions that resemble hard-edge abstract paintings.’
- ‘Critic and curator Max Henry presented Jason Clay Lewis's sculpture of a fur-covered seated Buddha, along with hard-edge abstract paintings by Shannon Finley.’
- ‘Glossy, visually pleasing vertical bars of black and white enamel intersect a variety of colorful, hard-edge shapes and geometric figures in reds, yellow, blues and greens.’
- ‘He has maintained ever since a passion for striking color contrasts, hard-edge geometric form, seriality and the grid as the overt or underlying structure governing his compositions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.