One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a style of abstract painting characterized by geometric shapes with sharply defined edges and often in bright colors.
- ‘For his new, large-scale collages, for instance, he cut up hundreds of his photos in small geometric shapes, which he randomly taped together in compositions that resemble hard-edge abstract paintings.’
- ‘In a 1997 painting parodying hard-edge geometric abstraction, Owens presents two rows of vertical stripes that read as skyscrapers receding into space.’
- ‘He has maintained ever since a passion for striking color contrasts, hard-edge geometric form, seriality and the grid as the overt or underlying structure governing his compositions.’
- ‘Glossy, visually pleasing vertical bars of black and white enamel intersect a variety of colorful, hard-edge shapes and geometric figures in reds, yellow, blues and greens.’
- ‘Critic and curator Max Henry presented Jason Clay Lewis's sculpture of a fur-covered seated Buddha, along with hard-edge abstract paintings by Shannon Finley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.