One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Korean martial art characterized by kicking and circular movements.
- ‘The soft arts, judo, jujutsu, aikijujutsu, aikido, hapkido and t'ai chi chuan, use a theory of redirection of an attacker's force to deal with an assault instead of the harder arts, which meet force with greater force.’
- ‘Setting the Uzi in the middle of the stage, she and the Islamist started each thirty feet from the gun, began running towards the gun, and proceeded to fight using a mixture of tae kwon do and hapkido to defeat the Islamist.’
- ‘Her training includes karate, hapkido, aikijutsu, escrima and weapons.’
- ‘Ji, Han Jae is said to be the father of modern hapkido.’
- ‘In his spare time, he practices and teaches martial arts and holds black belts in the Korean disciplines of tae kwon do and hapkido.’
Korean, literally ‘way of coordinated energy’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.