One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ultimately it was this haphazardness, a seemingly carefree approach to cutting-edge climbs, along with his formidable intellect and wit, which forged the Smith legend.’
- ‘Indeed, it was precisely this contingency - the haphazardness of facts - that made them a boring subject for the ancients.’
- ‘It is obviously a matter for concern for you and your colleagues, but let me ask: the haphazardness and the inconsistent application, has it got any proportionate implications?’
- ‘I took a look around at the poets, the grand scrufflarians I have taken such a liking to, and pondered the haphazardness of them all, the delightful observations I have absorbed by watching them.’
- ‘I am perturbed - nobody ever talks to us about these considerations as lawyers, whereas sociologists for example spend much of their undergraduate lives being familiarised with research methodology and warned against haphazardness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.