One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Attach the blame for something to (someone).
- ‘He shielded himself with his players' youth and inexperience - he hung the loss squarely on them.’
- ‘But this conspiracy mongering didn't stick - there were no easy targets to hang the blame on this time.’
- ‘What he refused to do was hang the blame on any one individual.’
- ‘I am not hanging the blame for the disease on anyone at all.’
- ‘I think his Party's treatment of him was despicable and if the leader of the party intends to hang the defeat on him that will be more despicable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.