One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Attach the blame for something to (someone)
- ‘He shielded himself with his players' youth and inexperience - he hung the loss squarely on them.’
- ‘But this conspiracy mongering didn't stick - there were no easy targets to hang the blame on this time.’
- ‘I think his Party's treatment of him was despicable and if the leader of the party intends to hang the defeat on him that will be more despicable.’
- ‘What he refused to do was hang the blame on any one individual.’
- ‘I am not hanging the blame for the disease on anyone at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.