One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for handmaid
- ‘And then, accompanied by many well-dressed servants and handmaidens, entered the most beautiful person Carson had ever seen.’
- ‘These two girls,’ Gesturing to the side, he indicated a pair of female servants that had appeared. ‘will be your handmaidens.’’
- ‘Anna and Nancy became close friends and Anna helped Nancy work up to the level of being recognized as Anna's handmaiden instead of a common servant.’
- ‘Her handmaiden is also far from your stereotyped female character.’
- ‘The Jewish Woman of the Year comes along with an actual award, a pyramid-shaped glass structure with a beautiful illustration of Miriam and her handmaidens dancing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.