Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Made by hand, not by machine, and typically therefore of superior quality.‘his expensive handmade leather shoes’
- ‘One of the students gave Rani handmade jewellery while others gifted her handmade candles and a card signed by all.’
- ‘Even with its size, it retains a sense of delicacy, a handmade quality that creeps out of its obsessive folds.’
- ‘As the first new born of 2004, Nisheka cashed in with a teddy bear, handmade quilt and clothes.’
- ‘Every year he went there for his wardrobe, ordering several suits and pairs of handmade shoes.’
- ‘You can buy dolls there from a range of beautiful handmade dolls, and designer dolls' clothes.’
- ‘Each of Anand's pieces is individually handcrafted using wood-free handmade paper.’
- ‘The slipcover is also handmade and had to be folded and glued exactly.’
- ‘The handmade quality allows Trek to offer customers a lifetime warranty on its frames.’
- ‘After arranging them on boards with handmade paper and acrylic paint, she seals them with layers of lacquer.’
- ‘Still, the handmade quality of the welded assemblies may be the most lingering image.’
- ‘His mother sewed his clothes while he was young and knitted socks giving him a handmade pair for his birthday for many years.’
- ‘Some of the attractive items on display at the Rajasthani counter include paintings on handmade paper.’
- ‘The installation is made from handmade silkscreen prints, neriage porcelain and tissue paper.’
- ‘There is, of course, the question of cost, for industrial wine is cheaper to produce than handmade wine.’
- ‘Shoes were also handmade and came from only two stores, Feney's or Acropolis shoes.’
- ‘The charity was delighted and presented Trident with a handmade bowl which now has pride of place in the company's meeting room.’
- ‘Every street has independent shoe shops with handmade Italian shoes at amazing prices.’
- ‘Mitchinson was wearing a handmade corduroy suit, handmade shoes by Ducker's of Oxford, a cashmere polo neck.’
- ‘My silhouette was handmade, signed by the artist, and a work of traditional craft.’
- ‘The Coffin Cover combines a cardboard coffin interior with a removable traditional handmade wooden exterior.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.