One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rectangular frame with poles at each end for being carried by two people.
- ‘Potter and Injun Joe were carrying a handbarrow with a rope and a couple of shovels on it.’
- ‘Trucks, forklifts and handbarrows are often used for this work.’
- ‘All the powder charges are carried in a handbarrow by four men, being the charges were light enough and were taken to be loaded in the gun.’
- ‘Some hundreds of men were employed at this work, busy with their handbarrows, their picking and boring.’
- ‘Today's modern carts come in different forms; barrow, hand truck, wagon, wheelbarrow, push cart, handbarrow, handcart or gurney.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.