One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rectangular frame with poles at each end for being carried by two people.
- ‘Trucks, forklifts and handbarrows are often used for this work.’
- ‘Potter and Injun Joe were carrying a handbarrow with a rope and a couple of shovels on it.’
- ‘Today's modern carts come in different forms; barrow, hand truck, wagon, wheelbarrow, push cart, handbarrow, handcart or gurney.’
- ‘Some hundreds of men were employed at this work, busy with their handbarrows, their picking and boring.’
- ‘All the powder charges are carried in a handbarrow by four men, being the charges were light enough and were taken to be loaded in the gun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.