One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Television Without Pity recapper seems to think the father is played too hammily, but I thought the point was to show a certain kind of father who intentionally hams it up, which I find endearing.’
- ‘Her delivery is mannered: grandstanding effects punctuated by hammily deadpan understatement and coyly rhetorical pauses emerging from a face cosmeticized into a comic mask.’
- ‘Bulldog was just stupid and hammily overplayed.’
- ‘Even when Bird ramps up the wattage, as on the hammily Beatle-esque ‘Opposite Day’ and the grandly theatrical ‘The Naming of Things,’ Eggs rarely causes a fuss.’
- ‘Unfortunately, what Cecil offers seems little better - it's little more than an episodic series of hammily acted altercations between his shrill cast and various bemused multiplex employees and film producers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.