Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An armlock in which a person's arm is bent up behind the back.
- ‘Nunzio works more top wristlocks and a hammerlock.’
- ‘If any guy tried to whisper some of those same words in her ear, she'd have put a hammerlock on him and called him a pig.’
- ‘Nunzio gets out of a hammerlock by telling the ref that Funaki was pulling on his hair.’
- ‘They started with a lockup, and HHH gained control with a hammerlock.’
- ‘Walters tags in and grabs a hammerlock on Spanky.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.