One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- former term for Afro-Asiatic
- ‘It is a member of the Chad group of languages frequently assigned to the Hamitic sub-family of the Hamito-Semitic family of languages.’
- ‘Even older is the thesis that Insular Celtic in its turn has been structurally influenced in its historical development by Hamito-Semitic substrata.’
- ‘Irish has as many features in common with non-Indo-European languages, especially with Hamito-Semitic languages, as with other Indo-European languages.’
- ‘Thus Ethiopia had to be the original homeland of all Hamito-Semitic languages.’
- ‘Somali is one of the Cushitic languages, which form a branch of the Afro-Asiatic (Hamito-Semitic) family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.