One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Japanese name for Pacific yellowtail, especially when used in sushi and sashimi.
- ‘The food, by Dan Barber of Blue Hill, included tomatoes filled with eggplant and anchovies, hamachi, lobster, and plum coupe.’
- ‘There was a large queue at the Sakae Sushi Station because the restaurant was giving away no less than 3 different pieces of nigiri sushi; salmon, tuna and hamachi.’
- ‘Standard favorites like hamachi and pearly ahi shrimp were good also, but the real surprise at Jewel Bako was the desserts.’
- ‘While wild hamachi with scallion, radish, and ginger dashes madly across your senses, Spanish mackerel laden with a blend of soy and truffle oil capsizes taste buds.’
- ‘Then there was hamachi lightly braised in ginger tea, and yellowtail tataki crusted in pepper and laid in ribbons over slices of peach and soft avocado.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.