One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Japanese name for Pacific yellowtail, especially when used in sushi and sashimi.
- ‘Standard favorites like hamachi and pearly ahi shrimp were good also, but the real surprise at Jewel Bako was the desserts.’
- ‘The food, by Dan Barber of Blue Hill, included tomatoes filled with eggplant and anchovies, hamachi, lobster, and plum coupe.’
- ‘There was a large queue at the Sakae Sushi Station because the restaurant was giving away no less than 3 different pieces of nigiri sushi; salmon, tuna and hamachi.’
- ‘Then there was hamachi lightly braised in ginger tea, and yellowtail tataki crusted in pepper and laid in ribbons over slices of peach and soft avocado.’
- ‘While wild hamachi with scallion, radish, and ginger dashes madly across your senses, Spanish mackerel laden with a blend of soy and truffle oil capsizes taste buds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.