Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Accustom (a young horse) to wearing and being handled in a halter.
- ‘Standard size domestic donkeys are useful for halter-breaking young calves and foals.’
- ‘They also have to halter-break a yearling heifer within a certain time frame, which gives some relief to those who work at the Beef Center.’
- ‘At camp, Mr. John T. Baker helped us halter-break our calves and teach them to lead and show!’
- ‘Our staff can then assist in imprinting and halter-breaking your new baby and starting them on a nutrition program that is most beneficial to their health in years to come.’
- ‘It is important that we halter-break each stallion so that they can be caught up on the range and led away from the mares.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.