One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Accustom (a young horse) to wearing and being handled in a halter.
- ‘Standard size domestic donkeys are useful for halter-breaking young calves and foals.’
- ‘They also have to halter-break a yearling heifer within a certain time frame, which gives some relief to those who work at the Beef Center.’
- ‘At camp, Mr. John T. Baker helped us halter-break our calves and teach them to lead and show!’
- ‘It is important that we halter-break each stallion so that they can be caught up on the range and led away from the mares.’
- ‘Our staff can then assist in imprinting and halter-breaking your new baby and starting them on a nutrition program that is most beneficial to their health in years to come.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.