One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Accustom (a young horse) to wearing and being handled in a halter.
- ‘Standard size domestic donkeys are useful for halter-breaking young calves and foals.’
- ‘At camp, Mr. John T. Baker helped us halter-break our calves and teach them to lead and show!’
- ‘They also have to halter-break a yearling heifer within a certain time frame, which gives some relief to those who work at the Beef Center.’
- ‘Our staff can then assist in imprinting and halter-breaking your new baby and starting them on a nutrition program that is most beneficial to their health in years to come.’
- ‘It is important that we halter-break each stallion so that they can be caught up on the range and led away from the mares.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.