One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She plays into the media's hands half-wittedly, digging herself into a deeper and deeper hole of despair.’
- ‘These things, in case you don't know, mince around half-wittedly shouting in horrible cutesy helium-blasted voices, presumably to provide a little comic relief for the more easy-to-please viewer.’
- ‘In my opinion, and I'm sure you both agree, the position of Councilor is far too important to do half-wittedly.’
- ‘Business, academic and government systems require more sophisticated versions of the same 5 items, plus two more to prevent users from half-wittedly compromising the system.’
- ‘Watching me struggle half-wittedly with the coveralls, Fouché began impatiently to help me into them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.