The time at which half of a game or contest is completed, especially when marked by an intermission.‘the most pressure he felt was at halftime when he looked up and saw the score’as modifier ‘a Super Bowl halftime show’
intermission, interlude, entr'acte, break, recess, pause, gapView synonyms
- ‘We scored just before half-time which was important and then again in the second half.’
- ‘By half-time Dublin should have scored at least two more goals and four or five points.’
- ‘At half-time Otley were the happier of the two teams as they were playing away to a much better placed team.’
- ‘A half-time change of the tactics by Oakbank saw them score at regular intervals.’
- ‘At half-time Ellis revised the game plan and made a couple of tactical substitutions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.