One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Costing half the normal price.‘children are eligible for half-price tickets’
- ‘This proof-of-age card, which allows holders to travel half-price on public transport, is automatically issued to all youngsters through their schools.’
- ‘Special promotions like the October to April First Stop York By Train Campaign, which offered half-price admission into York's attractions, were aimed at developing off-peak business.’
- ‘Additional crowd pleasers are the restaurant's daily Hoppy Hour, which features half-price appetizers and discounted beer, and BJ's 1/2 gallon growler to go.’
- ‘Staying put is still cheaper than buying half-price tickets.’
- ‘With the way cleared for its £40 million survival package, Aer Lingus has launched a price war by offering over 500,000 half-price seats between January and the end of March.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.