One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Half the usual price at which something is offered for sale.‘selected lines are at half price’
- ‘Supporters who bought season tickets for the 2003-04 campaign at half-price are to be asked to make a further contribution to the football club.’
- ‘Plus, if you buy one marked-down sample pair from the display wall, you get the second sample pair for half-price.’
- ‘Hamman had offered to sell Cardiff shirts for half-price to fans who traded in an English club shirt - the trade-ins were then to be burned on the Ninian Park pitch.’
- ‘The City chairman said he was continuing to hold talks with a number of potential sponsors but was still not able to name the sponsor that had made it possible for him to sell season tickets for next season at half-price.’
- ‘For computer users looking for entertainment, there are sports and action games, some of them available at half-price.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.