One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A military or other vehicle with wheels at the front and caterpillar tracks at the rear.
- ‘The half-tracks replied by opening fire with their 75 mm guns.’
- ‘The festival will begin on Friday, September 10, as military vehicles including tanks, half-tracks, lorries, jeeps and guns begin arriving in Morecambe.’
- ‘The 194th Tank Battalion was commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Ernest B. Miller and was comprised of M3 tanks, half-tracks, jeeps, and motorcycles.’
- ‘Commanding from a half-track in the Six-Day War, the book discusses Gonen's temper, and the real-world experience of commanding an army versus a brigade from a bunker.’
- ‘More commonly, lorries, half-tracks, and APCs have carried the infantryman onto the battlefield, and the MICV can now carry him across it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.