One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A military or other vehicle with wheels at the front and caterpillar tracks at the rear.
- ‘The 194th Tank Battalion was commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Ernest B. Miller and was comprised of M3 tanks, half-tracks, jeeps, and motorcycles.’
- ‘More commonly, lorries, half-tracks, and APCs have carried the infantryman onto the battlefield, and the MICV can now carry him across it.’
- ‘The festival will begin on Friday, September 10, as military vehicles including tanks, half-tracks, lorries, jeeps and guns begin arriving in Morecambe.’
- ‘The half-tracks replied by opening fire with their 75 mm guns.’
- ‘Commanding from a half-track in the Six-Day War, the book discusses Gonen's temper, and the real-world experience of commanding an army versus a brigade from a bunker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.