One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having walls with a timber frame and a brick or plaster filling.
- ‘Treven Hall had been an Elizabethan, half-timbered manor house.’
- ‘The 300 year-old half-timbered stilted building in the High Street has been a focal point for the town for many years.’
- ‘I had tried to think of it as little as possible, but now that I searched for words all that came to me were pictures, images of tree-lined walkways, half-timbered houses, narrow streets and secret stairways.’
- ‘But Space House is not remotely like any of its brick or half-timbered neighbours.’
- ‘Built as a half-timbered hall by the Brownlow family, the house was extended by its owners in 1591 and 1648.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.