One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A number obtained by dividing an odd integer by two (1/2, 11/2, 21/2, etc.).
- ‘The spin of bosons takes integer values and fermions have half-integer values of their spin.’
- ‘Although fermions have half-integer spin, the two together have integer spin, making the Cooper pair a ‘composite boson’.’
- ‘The Pauli Exclusion Principle simply states that no two fermions (a family of particles with half-integer spin, which includes electrons) may exist in the same energy state.’
- ‘Some for example, had half-integer spins, while others had only integral spins.’
- ‘Fermions are the particles that exhibit half-integer spin and satisfy the Pauli exclusion principle, while bosons exhibit integer spin and are not limited by the exclusion principle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.