Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a communications system or computer circuit) allowing the transmission of signals in both directions but not simultaneously.
- ‘This is because 802.11 allows only for half-duplex communication.’
- ‘AGP is only a half-duplex interface, so data can be going from system memory to graphics memory or vice versa, but not both at the same time.’
- ‘Two-way radio is the classic half-duplex medium of communication.’
- ‘The Land Mobile Radio system provides intermixed digital voice and data transmission over multiple 9,600 baud, half-duplex channels.’
- ‘With the latest integrated power amplifier allowing an output power of 5dBm, it meets the need for a cost-effective and physically small half-duplex data transceiver.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.