Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of interweaving a hairpiece with one's own hair.
- ‘There seems to be some concurrence that hairweaving has it's ‘roots’ in Scandinavia.’
- ‘This course will teach you the basics of pinch braiding for braid fusion, bonding, hairweaving, as well as advanced techniques including interlocking and tree braids.’
- ‘A hairweaving specialist certificate authorizes the holder to practice the art of hairweaving, braiding, and extensions in a licensed beauty or specialty salon.’
- ‘She taught a hairweaving seminar for part of our Midsummer celebrations in 1997 which got us interested in this ancient craft.’
- ‘While aesthetic surgery is related in many ways to other physical interventions, from hairweaving to tattooing and body piercing, it is performed in the quite different context of the institution of medicine.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.