One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In feeding blue butterflies, the wings are held slightly open to allow body basking, augmented by the hairiness of the dark body.’
- ‘It's surprising how many people are unaccustomed to hairiness.’
- ‘As a young man I observed extreme hairiness on older people (mainly men) but didn't realise it might happen to me in time.’
- ‘Reported side effects include acne, hairiness and mood changes.’
- ‘Previous studies in multiple plant species have shown an association of both pigmentation and hairiness with cool temperatures.’
- ‘And of course that's still true in modern women and you can say that the differential between men and women in hairiness is a function of perhaps somewhat greater selection of mates by the men than the women.’
- ‘A full description makes you take things more slowly: count stamens, measure sepals, check smoothness or hairiness and so on.’
- ‘The software provides realistic sensations for 10 textures - softness, fullness, smoothness, hairiness, prickliness, drape, thickness, elasticity, rigidity and warmth.’
- ‘There are other unwelcome side effects, including increased hairiness and acne.’
- ‘The groundbreaking computer graphics that made the original show so spellbinding have been improved to depict all the pesky hairiness of mammals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.