One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The way in which a person's hair is styled.‘an elaborate bouffant hairdo’
hairstyle, haircut, cut, style, hair, coiffureView synonyms
- ‘I'm sure you're not the only guy who has a hard time finding a good shampoo and conditioner to suit his specific hairdo.’
- ‘It seems like the '70s all over again: long hairdos for men, tight jeans, wide lapels, and corduroy everything.’
- ‘She sat back in her chair her long hair up on a hairdo of curls.’
- ‘The models swept through in oversized Afro hairdos, body paint and colorful creations of art.’
- ‘Yesterday I washed my new hairdo, and the perm is now virtually non-existent, more of a wave than a curl.’
- ‘Many want to conceal the strands of gray hair creeping into their hairdos.’
- ‘It is an older crowd, lots of comb-over hairdos among the men, a fair share of blue rinse among the women.’
- ‘I am showing my new hairdo (shorter hair) and my new highlights.’
- ‘Besides, most women I know end up looking like their grandmother with some stiff, dated hairstyle after they go to a hairdresser for a formal hairdo.’
- ‘Depending upon your hairdo, thread it with gold ribbon or throw on some fine gold confetti.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.