One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for horsehair worm
- ‘Foals are very open to infection by hair worms, so broodmares should be dewormed and moved to clean pastures.’
- ‘The crickets and beetles and crabs and shrimp are infected when they eat flies containing hair worm larvae.’
- ‘The hair worms are found living in the sediments, or occasionally on the rocks, and while never especially speedy, they are capable of moving from place to place.’
- ‘Damage caused by the hair worm can be worsened by other worms in the system.’
- ‘Foals are particularly susceptible to hair worm infection.’
hair worm/ˈher ˌwərm/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.