One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a surface covered with hair.‘a long hair-covered tail’
hairy, shaggy, bushy, long-haired, woolly, furry, fleecy, fuzzyView synonyms
- ‘The image jitters, there is a thump as the sound comes on, and a haggard, hair-covered face fills the frame.’
- ‘For more than 400 years people have reported seeing large, hair-covered, man-like animals in the wilderness areas of North America.’
- ‘The antlers are small and are set on bony hair-covered ridges which extend down each side of the face; hence the name rib-faced deer which is sometimes used.’
- ‘The hair-covered beast began to walk down the dirt track once more.’
- ‘The scaly skin of reptiles is replaced by a hair-covered, smooth skin in mammals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.