One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A collection of traditions containing sayings of the prophet Muhammad which, with accounts of his daily practice (the Sunna), constitute the major source of guidance for Muslims apart from the Koran.
- ‘Is there any reference to this in the Qur'an or the Hadith?’
- ‘For this promise Muslims must read the Hadith, traditional sayings traced to Muhammad.’
- ‘Medical science however has not yet been able to determine this stage and unless and until it does so we can rely on the related Hadith ascribed to the Holy Prophet which sets the four month time period.’
- ‘Learning of the Hadiths of the Prophet was next in line.’
- ‘The opposition to figuration in Islam is based not on Qur'anic scripture but on various Traditions of the Prophet, the Hadith.’
- ‘This Hadith simply describes the way the Prophet sat on this particular occasion.’
- ‘Muslims ultimately derive the law, as well as broad ethical principles, from two sources: the Quran and the Hadiths, anecdotes concerning the sayings and actions of the Prophet Muhammad.’
- ‘Therefore, the Hadith should be interpreted in context of religious teachings and practices.’
- ‘I will not get into a theological discussion concerning precisely what the Koran, or Muhammad's Hadiths, insist is the correct etiquette to be observed towards women.’
- ‘In addition to the Qur'an, shariah is based on the Hadith, a complementary collection of sayings, and the Sunnah, which are practices of Islam's founder, the Prophet Muhammad.’
- ‘Delving into the prophecies of the Qur'an and the Hadith literature can be helpful at times, but it seems as though it can be harmful as well.’
- ‘The bulk of what people regard as Islamic law are laws that were developed beyond the Koran and the Hadith, the teachings of the prophet.’
- ‘This Hadith tells us that life in the Prophet's home was not one of comfort and luxury.’
- ‘The Hadith mentions that the Prophet's women audience asked him to clarify what he said.’
- ‘It involved quotations from the Koran and references to the life of Mohammed and the Hadith of the prophet, which together form the basis of Islamic Sharia law.’
- ‘Many of the country's laws are based on the Koran and the Hadith, a collection of Mohammed's sayings.’
- ‘There are many Hadiths mentioning several formulae of the Prophet's supplication at various times of the day.’
- ‘Please explain this in the light of the Qur'an and the Hadith.’
- ‘You cannot justify your stand by any means in the light of the Quran and the Hadith.’
- ‘In one, a teacher read by the hour from the Hadith, a collection of the sayings of the Prophet Mohammed, while hundreds of students sat on the floor, listening respectfully.’
- 1.1 One of the sayings from the Hadith.
- ‘Each Hadith comes with its line of transmission that leads directly to Prophet Muhammad or his companions.’
- ‘According to one Hadith (saying of the Prophet), the entire humanity on this planet is but one community.’
- ‘They also questioned me about the nature of the Arabic material I had with me in my car, the prayer card, as well as a small book of Hadith.’
- ‘In the first chapter of this book which consists of twenty pages, he discusses various Hadith and Tafaseer dealing with the excellence and importance of India.’
From Arabic ḥadīṯ ‘tradition’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.