One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Current fieldwork is testing the validity of habitative field name elements.’
- ‘It is possible but not demonstrable that the Scandinavians also coined primary habitative names whose referents were settlements established in valleys.’
- ‘Although a rarity in the west of the country, it is the commonest habitative element of the earliest recorded English place-names.’
- ‘Habitative names and topographic names were formed throughout the Anglo Saxon period.’
- ‘Therefore, the city provides various educational, habitative and therapeutic services for persons with development disabilities from birth to adulthood.’
- ‘Compound names are composed of an adjectival element and a habitative or topographic element.’
- ‘However, examples of habitative elements occurring in the first position are not unknown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.