One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Of course, it did not escape him, that the number of doctorates, habilitations, and docents slowly but surely fell off, although the number of students increased considerably.’
- ‘He spent time in both Warsaw and Krakow and on 26 June obtained his habilitation and began lecturing as a docent.’
- ‘She submitted a thesis for her habilitation to the University of Berlin but it was not immediately accepted.’
- ‘After receiving his doctorate, Neumann studied for his habilitation and he submitted his thesis to the University of Halle.’
- ‘In 1847 Eisenstein received his habilitation from the University of Berlin and began to lecture.’
- ‘Frank received his habilitation and was appointed a lecturer in the University of Vienna in 1910.’
- ‘He submitted his habilitation to the University of Göttingen in 1912 and earned the right to teach there, which indeed he did as a Privatdozent.’
- ‘He completed his studies at Zurich where he was awarded his habilitation, thus gaining the right to teach in universities.’
- ‘Then he moved to Moscow University where he received his habilitation.’
- ‘Wirtinger studied at the University of Vienna, and it was from that University that he received his doctorate in 1887 and his habilitation in 1890.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.