One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small chili pepper that is the hottest variety available.Also called Scotch bonnet
- ‘Day 1 starts with Habanero pepper-infused vodka Martinis upon arrival.’
- ‘The best surprise was finding some fresh Habanero peppers that would complement the wine perfectly as long as only a couple were used in the entire meal.’
- ‘It has also grown Habanero peppers, which were sold in bulk to a regional hot-sauce company.’
- ‘I have three nice ones - Harissa, Habanero and Honey.’
- ‘The hottest varieties are the Mexican Habanero, Caribbean Early Scotch Bonnet, Thai Bird's Eye and Indonesian Lombok.’
Spanish, literally ‘of Havana’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.