One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘h/t to WL for his editorial assistance’short for hat tip‘HT to C. Trent for the link’
- ‘Compose and share a post with a link to the source and then add an 'h/t' to the person who brought it to your attention.’
- ‘HT to Mr. Hummel for filling me in on the convergence of Southern and Northern incomes after the Civil War.’
- ‘HT to Soccer Mom for sharing this link.’
- ‘HT to our commenters for first raising this question.’
- ‘It took me a while to figure out that 'h/t' stood for 'hat tip'—a tip of the hat being a way of acknowledging someone, back in the days when men wore hats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.