One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These acceleration-sensing gyroscopic devices are offered by some autopilot manufacturers as an option or as an integral part of the system.’
- ‘Because of this tendency, most ships and airplanes use gyroscopic compasses instead.’
- ‘A pre-set magnetic compass and gyroscopic auto-pilot determined and maintained its course.’
- ‘The purpose was to neutralize the gyroscopic forces of the normal rotary engine.’
- ‘This is achieved using an internal gyroscopic mechanism or with electronic sensors coupled to microprocessors that instantaneously adjust for any motion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.