One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An autogiro or similar aircraft.
- ‘I had done it all - not only with the airlines, but I also flew and/or instructed in airplanes, seaplanes, gliders, helicopters and gyroplanes.’
- ‘A gyroplane combines features from an airplane and a helicopter.’
- ‘I became rated in gyroplanes, helicopters, seaplanes and gliders.’
- ‘This new sport-pilot license privileges will extend over a variety of aircraft, including gliders, power parachutes, gyroplanes, weight-shift-control, airships and balloons.’
- ‘But after a number of safety scares, the 65 gyroplanes thought to be in Britain were grounded by the aviation authorities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.