One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or involving circular or spiral motion.
rotating, rotatory, rotational, revolving, turning, spinning, gyrating, whirlingView synonyms
- ‘Cultures were grown on a gyratory shaker in darkness at 221°C.’
- ‘The town refused to support the plans, saying it wanted a full gyratory system tried for three months.’
- ‘The town council opted instead for a full gyratory system, which it wanted to see tried out for three months.’
- ‘Traffic swirls round this nightmarish gyratory system where five major streets meet, the road up to seven lanes wide.’
- ‘When he first saw her perform he was so impressed with her arm - flailing and gyratory motions that he incorporated them into his own static stage act.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.