One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dislike or fear of women.
- ‘At the beginning of the new century, across the English-speaking West, there is almost an entire media system dedicated to the modern male's gynophobia.’
- ‘Misogyny and gynophobia abounded in this context as women were, for the largely male artists who worked in this style between the wars, generally victims, annoyances, or threats to virility.’
- ‘He is a high-school sophomore with a serious case of gynophobia.’
- ‘But while the narrative urges union with the female other, his treatment of the images in these poems lays bare the volume's disturbing gynophobia.’
- ‘I am not a misogynist nor do I suffer from gynophobia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.