One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dislike or fear of women.
- ‘Misogyny and gynophobia abounded in this context as women were, for the largely male artists who worked in this style between the wars, generally victims, annoyances, or threats to virility.’
- ‘I am not a misogynist nor do I suffer from gynophobia.’
- ‘At the beginning of the new century, across the English-speaking West, there is almost an entire media system dedicated to the modern male's gynophobia.’
- ‘He is a high-school sophomore with a serious case of gynophobia.’
- ‘But while the narrative urges union with the female other, his treatment of the images in these poems lays bare the volume's disturbing gynophobia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.