Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Centered on or concerned exclusively with women; taking a female (or specifically a feminist) point of view.
- ‘In this gynocentric world, signs of misogyny are watched for closely, and acts of misogyny are now morally and legally unallowable.’
- ‘Feminist separatism was the earliest expression of such gynocentric feminism.’
- ‘Also, the recognition that narratives can be gynocentric without being overtly critical of patriarchal structures is a sound observation, as is his warning against cliches about ancient patriarchal society.’
- ‘The essays are eclectic, ranging from andocentric to gynocentric perspectives.’
- ‘A representation is gynocentric if it depicts the world in relation to female or feminine interests, emotions, attitudes or values.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.