Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or characteristic of a woman.‘people with a pear-shaped figure—also known as the gynecoid pattern because it is more common in women—tend to carry extra weight on their thighs and buttocks’
- ‘The gynecoid pelvis is the most common, and the android pelvis has been classically associated with difficult vaginal delivery.’
- ‘This theory is based on android fat being more metabolically active than gynecoid fat.’
- ‘A female pelvis may belong to any of the four types (only about half are gynecoid), but intermediate types are more frequent.’
- ‘Examples of gynecoid women are Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe.’
- ‘Differences in body-fat distribution (i.e., gynecoid versus android) associated with an altered metabolic profile were documented in the medical literature 50 years ago.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.