One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of a woman.‘people with a pear-shaped figure—also known as the gynecoid pattern because it is more common in women—tend to carry extra weight on their thighs and buttocks’
- ‘A female pelvis may belong to any of the four types (only about half are gynecoid), but intermediate types are more frequent.’
- ‘This theory is based on android fat being more metabolically active than gynecoid fat.’
- ‘The gynecoid pelvis is the most common, and the android pelvis has been classically associated with difficult vaginal delivery.’
- ‘Differences in body-fat distribution (i.e., gynecoid versus android) associated with an altered metabolic profile were documented in the medical literature 50 years ago.’
- ‘Examples of gynecoid women are Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.