One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of a woman.‘people with a pear-shaped figure—also known as the gynecoid pattern because it is more common in women—tend to carry extra weight on their thighs and buttocks’
- ‘This theory is based on android fat being more metabolically active than gynecoid fat.’
- ‘A female pelvis may belong to any of the four types (only about half are gynecoid), but intermediate types are more frequent.’
- ‘Examples of gynecoid women are Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe.’
- ‘The gynecoid pelvis is the most common, and the android pelvis has been classically associated with difficult vaginal delivery.’
- ‘Differences in body-fat distribution (i.e., gynecoid versus android) associated with an altered metabolic profile were documented in the medical literature 50 years ago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.