One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for gynarchy
- ‘Mother rights should not be confused with gynaecocracy.’
- ‘But their real purpose is to locate the submerged city of Vineta, ‘offshore from the mouth of the Peene,’ once ruled by a gynecocracy.’
- ‘This situation could change and revert dramatically to the stage of gynaecocracy if women resorted to promiscuity and had children whose fathers could not be identified.’
- ‘‘The most obvious reason for rewriting POPE JOAN (because of which I was thinking to entitle my novel: THE MAN WHO WAS A WOMAN) has to do with the female sex and more precisely with gynaecocracy, the matriarchy that rises in our days.’’
- ‘My mother used to take me to work with her, at family planning clinics which were run as a gynaecocracy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.