Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for gynarchy
- ‘This situation could change and revert dramatically to the stage of gynaecocracy if women resorted to promiscuity and had children whose fathers could not be identified.’
- ‘My mother used to take me to work with her, at family planning clinics which were run as a gynaecocracy.’
- ‘Mother rights should not be confused with gynaecocracy.’
- ‘But their real purpose is to locate the submerged city of Vineta, ‘offshore from the mouth of the Peene,’ once ruled by a gynecocracy.’
- ‘‘The most obvious reason for rewriting POPE JOAN (because of which I was thinking to entitle my novel: THE MAN WHO WAS A WOMAN) has to do with the female sex and more precisely with gynaecocracy, the matriarchy that rises in our days.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.