One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for gynarchy
- ‘My mother used to take me to work with her, at family planning clinics which were run as a gynaecocracy.’
- ‘‘The most obvious reason for rewriting POPE JOAN (because of which I was thinking to entitle my novel: THE MAN WHO WAS A WOMAN) has to do with the female sex and more precisely with gynaecocracy, the matriarchy that rises in our days.’’
- ‘But their real purpose is to locate the submerged city of Vineta, ‘offshore from the mouth of the Peene,’ once ruled by a gynecocracy.’
- ‘Mother rights should not be confused with gynaecocracy.’
- ‘This situation could change and revert dramatically to the stage of gynaecocracy if women resorted to promiscuity and had children whose fathers could not be identified.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.