One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For the first time New Zealand has got its pink act together and made a range of food-friendly wines with attitude rather than the wan wee guzzlers of the recent past.’
- ‘Salt Lake earns glowing reviews these days from dog lovers, vegetarians, bookstore browsers, microbrew guzzlers, and especially recreationists.’
- ‘Young guzzlers enjoying themselves at the International Beer Festival organized at the German House in New Delhi on Sunday.’
- ‘This international gathering of water guzzlers humbles him.’
- ‘These include wind power and fuel cells, which could one day replace the oil that we put into our much-loved oil guzzlers.’
- ‘This salt-tolerant, fire-resistant, drought-hardy water guzzler was imported in the 1800s to help hold stream and river banks in place.’
- ‘And let me tell you, this is an event for the guzzler and gourmet alike.’
- ‘Not being much of a beer guzzler I am always on the lookout for those entertainment spots that cater for the broad spectrum.’
- ‘An enticing offer for guzzlers is that for every beer ordered, another one comes free.’
- ‘Agriculture uses over 70 per cent of water, industrial use is growing and cities are becoming big water guzzlers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.