One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Women who are of high status talk with very high voices, and someone from the lower ranks talks kind of gutturally.’
- ‘The letter h is a heavy, gutturally aspirated h.’
- ‘In answer, the robed god tossed a card down, grunting out its name a little more gutturally than he had meant to, for one does not keep up the reputation being a guardian of humanity requires by grunting.’
- ‘Sora growled gutturally as he moved up near Micah's throat.’
- ‘Before my companion could answer, Una burst into a frightening cry which seemed to emerge somewhere from deep inside her belly and struggled gutturally into the air.’
- ‘They continually rammed each other and began to scream gutturally at the anticipation of devouring so much sin-soaked flesh.’
- ‘Brae said something quickly and dynamically in French, and Gabe muttered gutturally back at him.’
- ‘He's not so much making a statement as he is reacting gutturally to the ominous clamour surrounding him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.