One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A woman of a certain age and of a certain gushiness approached her.’
- ‘Enid Blyton is also a given, although her own book is mercifully free of the girlish gushiness of both.’
- ‘The result is a warm, honest and ambling little story that avoids over-sentimentality and gushiness.’
- ‘We didn't review it when it first came out, and it would be hard for me as a reviewer to say anything about it without slipping into undignified gushiness.’
- ‘However, these intervals of gushiness are insignificant in the book as a whole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.