One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Going to.‘she was gunna stay there all night if she had to’
- ‘It's gunna be a good summer!’
- ‘If your gunna write give real facts not fake.’
- ‘I love her, and I'm gunna marry her.’
- ‘I'm just so happy he's gunna be ok, no one wants to see their best mate like this.’
- ‘I'm not gunna lie, I said a little prayer.’
- ‘Well, you better move quickly because people are gunna start disappearing.’
- ‘I wasn't gunna cry, I wasn't gunna beg.’
- ‘He didn't do this, and they ain't gunna find him guilty.’
- ‘When's this no hoper gunna realise we don't care!’
- ‘It's gunna be an awesome show.’
Late 19th century: representing a regional or colloquial pronunciation.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.