One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A permit from an authority to own a gun or to carry one under specified conditions or for specified purposes.‘gun owners must reapply for their gun licenses every three years’
- ‘The act will make it mandatory for anyone applying for a gun licence to first undergo a test of their marksmanship.’
- ‘The review recommends a change in the law to prevent criminals who receive suspended jail terms from holding a gun licence for five years.’
- ‘How he managed repeatedly to renew his gun licence is still a mystery.’
- ‘Previous legislation, passed in April 2008, raised the legal age to obtain a gun licence from 18 to 21.’
- ‘There will be pressure from other European countries to set the minimum age for a gun licence to 18.’
- ‘Should those who resent the difficulty of getting a gun license in New York City arm themselves illegally?’
- ‘The Garda are anxious that holders of a gun licence in the area renew their licence immediately.’
- ‘There is, for example, nothing discriminatory about declining to issue a gun licence to a child.’
- ‘It said police had no grounds for refusing him a gun licence.’
- ‘The police officer on duty decided there was no need to terminate his gun licence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.