One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When cooked, okra develops a gumminess that makes it a good thickener for soups and stews.’
- ‘However, too much stabilizer will result in gumminess and affect the final texture.’
- ‘One thing all types of okra have in common is their gumminess, which is actually a feature of some Creole and Cajun dishes.’
- ‘To reduce the degree of gumminess in a product that currently shows that characteristic, several factors should be considered.’
- ‘Filé, a powder made from sassafras, may be used to add more gumminess.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.