One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We taped the middle episode because it was on during something good, and we watched it guiltily before the third episode came on at the ungodly hour of ten.’
- ‘He bent guiltily and began re-tying his boots, a hurricane of fingers at work.’
- ‘Soon about fifty men stood around silently, looking at the body then looking away guiltily.’
- ‘Once they were relaxed about being seen in the garden - now they skulk guiltily, scuttling off at the slightest noise or movement.’
- ‘I, too, am not exempt from guiltily indulging in an episode or more, despite my growing disgust with the whole thing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.