One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of words and music to evoke positive imaginary scenarios in a subject with a view to bringing about some beneficial effect.
- ‘As well as nutrition, I also use reflexology, Reiki, stress management therapy, head and shoulder massage, relaxation training, guided imagery and colour, style and image makeover as part of complementary cancer care.’
- ‘Patients were chosen at random to be given standard care or an alternative therapy - guided imagery, stress relaxation, healing touch or intercessory prayer sent from various denominations from all over the world.’
- ‘Earlier studies have indicated that relaxation and guided imagery have improved quality of life.’
- ‘Alternative therapies involving massage, art, relaxation, music and guided imagery can help mitigate anxiety and stress.’
- ‘Listening to guided imagery audiotapes is a simple method to help patients use their imaginations to create images of temporary escape and relaxation that elicit a sense of well-being.’
- ‘The therapist uses guided imagery incorporating soothing images provided by the client.’
- ‘My preference would be a hypnotherapist or a practitioner of interactive guided imagery, to see if you can use the mind/body connection to promote healing of the bladder.’
- ‘If possible, measures such as massage therapy, music therapy, guided imagery and distraction should be tried to help manage pain.’
- ‘The studied interventions included psychotherapy, psychodrama, cognitive behavior therapy, relaxation therapy, and guided imagery or hypnosis.’
- ‘All received medical treatment, but four groups also got one of the following: touch therapy, relaxation training, lessons in using guided imagery or being prayed for without their knowledge.’
- ‘This is a modest example of what can be done through relaxation, guided imagery and hypnosis.’
- ‘This session will describe and present a variety of modalities used in practice, including acupuncture, acupressure, guided imagery, and Koryo hand therapy.’
- ‘Many patients have found relaxation therapy, guided imagery, and other methods of relieving tension helpful.’
- ‘Over three interviews, the interviewers attempted to implant the memory for the false event using encouragement, context reinstatement, guided imagery, and instructing daily recall attempts.’
- ‘Many patients have found relaxation therapy, guided imagery, or other methods of relieving tension helpful.’
- ‘Interventions used infrequently by the respondents include biofeedback, guided imagery, music, relaxation techniques, meditation, and therapeutic touch.’
- ‘Evidence from researchers at Hull University suggests many people benefit from relaxation therapy, hypnotherapy and guided imagery in which patients are taught to visualise their bodies' defences vanquishing tumours.’
- ‘Along with full-service conventional care, these hospitals offer natural therapies like acupuncture, guided imagery, and massage as adjunct or stand-alone treatments.’
- ‘Hypnosis, guided imagery, deep breathing and muscle relaxation can all be used to control pain.’
- ‘More structured techniques, such as progressive muscle relaxation and neutral guided imagery may be more suited for these individuals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.