Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A measure of the power of a flashgun expressed in meters or feet.
- ‘Such technical items as ‘guide numbers’ don't seem to matter any more.’
- ‘You can use a flash with coverage wider than the lens you are using with no change to the guide number.’
- ‘The guide number will enable you to calculate the correct aperture, simply divide the distance to the object by the guide number of the flash.’
- ‘Unless you're shooting under those conditions, consider the guide numbers to be estimates.’
- ‘Small flashes have guide numbers ranging from 45-80, while large shoe-mount units will be up to around 130.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.