One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A measure of the power of a flashgun expressed in meters or feet.
- ‘The guide number will enable you to calculate the correct aperture, simply divide the distance to the object by the guide number of the flash.’
- ‘Unless you're shooting under those conditions, consider the guide numbers to be estimates.’
- ‘Small flashes have guide numbers ranging from 45-80, while large shoe-mount units will be up to around 130.’
- ‘Such technical items as ‘guide numbers’ don't seem to matter any more.’
- ‘You can use a flash with coverage wider than the lens you are using with no change to the guide number.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.